Menu
JohnG11
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone.

This morning woke up to find the phone displaying "No line access".

Yesterday evening, my wife informed me, that there was a brief, strange, strangulated ringing sound which rapidly ceased. Today no service.

Exchange 01933.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone.

Hi JohnG11

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're seeing some problems with the line and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Angied1980
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have this same problem too although I used my phone around 10.30am an hour later it was displaying "no line". I have tried to do the test several times but it gets to 99% and stops please help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Angied1980,

Sorry to hear you're unable to use your telephone line at the moment and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have located your account to run a test and I'm not detecting any faults at the moment so can I just confirm whether you've tried a separate handset just to eliminate any equipment faults please?

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Angied1980
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was going to try a different handset but I couldn't remove the phone lead from the box in the wall I feels quite wedged in.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Angied1980 wrote:
I was going to try a different handset but I couldn't remove the phone lead from the box in the wall I feels quite wedged in.

They can be a tight fit.  There is a tab on the side of the plug that you have to squeeze and then pull out.     I can't believe I just wrote that.   Smiley Tongue

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angied1980,

Hope you don't mind me getting back to you on behalf of Rose as she is currently out of the office.

I've checked the line state again for you and this is showing as non contactable.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private mail so that we can get this sorted.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JohnG11
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message, Craig.

I went into my account and ran a test which seems to stop at 99% complete.

I went on-line and booked an engineer for Saturday (no appointments before then), how do I check the appointments in "my account" please?

Regards, John.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnG11

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm glad to hear that an appointment has been arranged.

If you log into your My Virgin Media, you should see a banner at the top of the page with the appointment detailsMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos
JohnG11
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Well, I could have sworn I'd made an appointment for Saturday Afternoon, but I can see no sign of it. Very strange!!!!

Have responded to the private message too.

John.

0 Kudos