Menu
echodiana
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

I have no dial tone nor can I ring in as I have tried.

I have also changed the phone device to see if that is the problem but no. joy. there is only one phone. I have reconnected but it is totally silent.

There are no service issues as I checked.Should I book an engineer or do I pay for this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Hi echodiana,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your landline isn't working.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
echodiana
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Engineer came after not showing up in the alotted time - so I had to stay in all day. established he needed to go to the box outside (ie problem outside my flat) 

But still not sorted as the 'box' was on top of a building - too high for one person. needs a mate. 

so back but now he needs access and I am at work.

Why can't this be sorted without access to my home?

I work and cannot take time off all the time...

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi echodiana

I'm sorry to learn about this, hopefully the engineer was able to get access or arrange a more suitable time with you?

If not, let me know and I'll get in touch with them to get this organised.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
echodiana
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

If you could as when I ring it takes ages

thursday 15 pm or Friday 16th am 

Thanks

Diana

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Diana

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos