Menu
Shazaib
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone...

It's been over 2 weeks without any dial tone. The service status page was showing a fault until the last few days but it's continuing to persist. Yet there is still an engineer out on the street each day unable to fix the problem, why isn't this reflected in the service status? Each time when it was reflected in the service status, the estimated date for being fixed kept being moved back, now it's showing there are no issues, when there clearly are.

I'm tired of this and need some answers. Can't even get through to customer support using 150 because of the phone line being down. Can't wait to get rid of Virgin Media, unless some explanations are in order, the hilarity of it all is that I'm being charged magically for my next bill starting from June the 12th, even though absolutely no calls have been made.

Before you say it, we've tried connecting a different phone.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone...

Hi Shazaib,

I'm sorry that your landline fault is still ongoing after the area outage has been cleared. Apologies as well that the resolution time for your area fault has been moved back several times. This is only an estimated resolution time and can change due to the complexities of the fault.

I have been able to run testing on your line and the results do not indicate what is causing this problem. Thank you for letting us know that you have already tested your line with an alternative phone handset. 

Also, just to let you know, you can also contact us using Web Chat: Contact Us if you are unable to call in for support. 

I will need to take further details from you in order to arrange a faults engineer to get this fixed for you. I'll send you a private message for this, please check the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Shazaib
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Terri, I've replied to your private message.
0 Kudos
Shazaib
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update: Engineer visited today, problem was rectified.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shazaib,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that the engineer was able to identify and resolve the fault on your landline.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Take care,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos