Menu
percyp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

Our landline has no dial tone (Northampton area). I don't want to book an engineer and be charged if it is a simple fix. I have run the online test which didn't find any fault. I've also plugged the base unit into a different socket and still no dial tone - just a faint hiss.

When I ring the home number from my mobile, it goes through to voicemail without ringing in the house.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Hi percyp,

Thanks for taking the time to post this issue. I'd like to apologise for the loss of the phone service at your property in Northampton.

I've managed to locate your account to check this and I can see you've already called in to get this investigated. The notes say they've got it all working so I'm hoping everything is fine your end.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
percyp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply. 

Hopefully there's an engineer coming out tomorrow - we still have no dial tone here, so I'm not sure why it has been noted as working.

0 Kudos
percyp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, after waiting in for 3 hours, I've been told by Virgin that the engineer's visit was cancelled. Nobody bothered to let me know! So I now have to make up the hours at work that I missed (for no reason) due to getting home for 4pm as the engineer was booked for the 4-7pm slot.

Whilst on the phone finding this out, I was told that an engineer HAD visited and replaced the hardware. Well that didn't happen as I'd have noticed - a) somebody on my property and - b) THE PHONE WOULD NOW BE WORKING! 

I have asked about complaints procedure and been told that it will be internal action - how do I go about raising a complaint that I can follow?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi percyp,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I cannot apologise enough for the no show. This is clearly a problem especially as you made arrangements with work to be there.

When the engineer's allocation gets cancelled you should have received a text message to the mobile number registered on your account. I believe the confusion about them visiting relates to the area fault. They'd attend the external fault and try to fix it from there.

You can see the different was on how to make a formal complaint by following the link I've included. You can also see our Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice.

I'm here if you need me to feel free to keep me updated. I hope you find the information I provided useful too.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
percyp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B - Thank you for the reply.

Having spent ages on the phone to Virgin yesterday and arranging another appointment for an engineer, I've had a text today with the wrong timeslot on it. Are you in a position to access the appointments?

I had booked for 4pm-7pm on Thursday 17th March, but the text says 12pm-4pm! As it is an automated text, I can only cancel the engineer (which is no good to me).

I really don't want to have to go through the nonsense on the phone again that I had last night.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI percyp

I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you've been experiencing lately.

I've sent you information regarding the appointment in a private message. You can view it by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
percyp
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So has today's appointment been cancelled??... As I've already had 2 texts from Virgin this morning stating that they will be at my house between 12pm and 4pm. There won't be anyone there though.

0 Kudos