Menu
souzie2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

Hi, my phone is not working tonight. Doesn't seem to be a service issue. Have checked cables are securely in place, & I don't have a second phone that I can try. Can someone investigate please? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone

Hi there souzie2, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment. 

I've run some testing on your line, and can see no reason for you to be experiencing this issue, I appreciate that you have no second phone to try, would you be able to try your phone on a known working line - a friends or family members line, just to eliminate your phone from being at fault as the next step would be to get someone to call out and investigate further. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get something arranged once you are able to confirm the phone has been eliminated. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll find a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thank and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

MikeH71
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, nothing wrong with the phone itself but lost the dial tone yesterday. No area faults reported.

We were in the process of swapping to TT who would have taken the number over, but that was cancelled.

We spoke with the retention - retention team yesterday who were making adjustments to the account and ensuring no take overs were going to happen.

Needs to be sorted asap as we can't phone anyone to get help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there MikeH71, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to our forums, I wish we'd met under better circumstances. I'm really sorry to hear that you're phone is not working at the moment. 

I've taken a look at things from this end and it appears that even though when you spoke to us yesterday to cancel the porting of the number over to Talk Talk, the wheels had already been started in motion, and this is the reason why you currently have no phone line as the number is in the process of being swapped. 

I've raised a fault on the account and passed it to our Porting Team to attempt to get this number back for you. I'm going to need an up to date mobile contact number so should our second line guys need to contact you they can, so I'll send you a private message in order to ask this. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
silverfox1405
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have the same issue here. Line crackling started yesterday early afternoon - left it till today as it has happened before and got "mystically sorted".  However today the phone when you dislike gives an engaged tone.  Line test shows no local issues so looked at engineers scheduling but earliest visit is 30 Jan or thereabouts.  so annoying as we enter the holiday period and will be making calls.  clearly now not on our Virgin landline !   Somewhat ironic timing as yesterday with the phone out of action Virgin customers were notified by e mail of a price increase !  I can't get hold of an engineer to report it and this is required to make a claim for service loss ! 

So any views on how the phone issue will be resolved ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there silverfox1405, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with your phone line for some time, and this has now escalated to a no dial tone issue. 

I've run some testing on the line, and can see an issue which would normally be caused by either a faulty piece of equipment or something else causing a short on the line. So I'd have to ask if you could unplug everything from the line, this includes any double adapters, extension leads, phones or even some set top boxes that may connect into the phone line. Then try a different phone in the line.

Once you can eliminate all the equipment in the property the next thing to do would be to arrange for someone to call out and take a look at things. I've taken a look at appointments from this end, and can see appointments next week, so I'm not sure why you were given January 30th. 

I'll send you a private message in order to speed things up once you've been able to rule out the equipment. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there souzie2, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you've been able to view the private message I sent you yesterday.

If you've been able to eliminate the phone and would like for me to arrange a technician, please let me know. 

Many thanks

Huw

0 Kudos