Menu
Monicasingh28
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone

I have no dial tone when you phone the number and it rings but nothing on house phone bought a new house phone and it still nothing 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No dial tone

Hi Monicasing28

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to hear about the problem with your phone line. I've been able to locate your account and take a good look at this from our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems at the moment, although as you've already tested your handset I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Monicasing28

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to hear about the problem with your phone line. I've been able to locate your account and take a good look at this from our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems at the moment, although as you've already tested your handset I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
joanjoanse
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My phone line is dead
0 Kudos
maggielou
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My phone line is also dead.
Maggie.
0 Kudos
maggielou
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My phone line is also dead.

maggielou

Maggie.
0 Kudos
dapperdon
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here, no dial tone, rings through to voice mail when I call the number.

Seem like there are loads of people with the same problem!!!

0 Kudos
noahf
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have no dial tone as of this morning.  If I call home from another line it appears to ring, but nothing actually rings at home.  Broadband is fine (hence this message).  I have run the online test and it does not see any fault.  I have disconnected all extensions and plugged a phone directly into the master socket -- still nothing -- completely dead -- not a click or a buzz.  What next?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there noahf, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your phone line and I'd really like to help you out. 

I've been able to locate your account details using your forum credentials, and have run some testing, which has not highlighted any issues, so I'd now have to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, just to eliminate the phone from being at fault, alternatively if you don't have another phone, you could try plugging your existing phone into a friend or family members working line. I ask this of you as the next step would be to book a technician to call out. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving for you once you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message, 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
noahf
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Huw

I have tried another phone in the master socket and I have tested the phones on another line.  It's definitely the external line or master socket that is/are disconnected.  I assume that the test from your end wouldn't detect a simple disconnect near our end -- at your street box or between there and our house.

I have booked a tech visit -- the earliest offered was Monday morning.  Please try the private message in a few minutes, after I have checked my account's email address. I don't user the virgin address -- I'll make sure that my active address is in my profile.

Thanks

Noah

0 Kudos
noahf
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My email address is OK
0 Kudos