Menu
fentonmc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on the landline and cant't make calls. Phone rings but can't answer.

My landline has no dial tone and can't make or receive calls. When there is an incoming call,  the phone rings and when answered you can hear the ring continue on the line. We have worked through the troubleshooting and tested the handset but not resolved the problem. Status check found no known faults.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on the landline and cant't make calls. Phone rings but can't answer.

Hi fentonmc

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line recently.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this for you unfortunately, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent you so I can run some tests on the line? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
debz40
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on the landline and cant't make calls. Phone rings but can't answer.

i also have had this problem for past 3 wks bought new phone thinking that was the problem but to no avail. Getting fed up with virgin media services
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there debz40, 

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, and hasn't done so for a few weeks. Thank you for letting me know that you've already tried another phone on the line, this really helps. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see no reason for this downtime, so I'd now like to organise someone to call out an investigate further for you. I'll send you a private message so we can get this arranged. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi debz40, 

Just thought I'd get in touch to see if you've been able to view my private message from yesterday as I've not yet had a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange an appointment, please let me know. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos