Menu
out2grass
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on landline

I've not got any dial tone and I've tried my spare phone and that doesn't get any tone either.  Using a friends mobile and dialing my number it gives a ringing sound but my house phone is not ringing!  I am awaiting an engineers visit (booking ref 20477059) but they didn't turn up today.  The help line staff said there was "no fault on the line" .  Apparently my appointment for today was only if they could fit me in and I have to hope someone will make a "manual intervention" every day until an engineer is eventually available.  Is there any other testing that can be done in the meantime?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on landline

Hello out2grass,

Thanks for posting in the community Smiley Happy

I have tested your line and I'm unable to find any problems so if you have already checked your equipment then a technician would be required.

I can see that you've already spoken to one of the team today regarding your appointment so please let us know how it goes or if you require any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
out2grass
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So feeling guilty about being told there was "no fault on the line" we bought a new phone - but the fault persisted.  It took a whole week for an engineer to arrive  - he quickly found a "faulty connector" in a street cabinet and the phone line is now operational - I guess "no fault on the line" doesn't include these street cabinets!   Unfortunately our burglar alarm was still showing a fault  - but the monitoring company sent an engineer (same day service - Virgin Media please note this response time) who powered down the alarm and reset the system time which had been interrupted by the Virgin Media fault. The alarm can cope with an outage, but not as long as VM took to fix their fault. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi out2grass

I'm glad to hear that this issue has been resolved, apologies again for the inconvenience it has caused. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forwardMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos