Menu
lesliefmay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on landline phone

Phone has been working with no problems for over a year but suddenly no dial tone for the last few days.  If I call in then it sounds like the phone is ringing but it isn't.  All other features on the phone appear to be working, I don't have a spare to plug in.  No apparent damage to socket, I've tried unplugging and plugging back in but no difference.  We're in Wokingham town centre but no network issues reported.  

Anybody with a similar problem or anybody listening from Virgin who can help?  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on landline phone

Hi lesliefmay

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any issues from our end. You've mentioned you don't have a spare handset which is fine, are you able to test your handset on an alternate line? Just to make sure there are no issues with your current handset? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lesliefmay
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.  Finally managed to check the phone on another line and it's fine.  So, I guess the problem is with Virgin after all.  I've been without phone service for at least 3 weeks now, no idea how long before that I wasn't receiving calls.  Can you arrange for someone to take a look and fix it or do I need to book an engineer separately?  Are they likely to need access to the house or can they deal with this outside?  There's been no damage to the socket.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lesliefmay

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me about this, I appreciate it.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding that in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lesliefmay
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmm.  Engineer came and after circling Wokingham a couple of times (he had the wrong mobile number even though it's correct in my account) he manged to fix the problem.  There was a dodgy connection outside apparently.  Now, less than two months later I have the same problem with no phone dialling tone.  This is getting beyond tedious.  When he fixed it last time he had to try a couple of "connections" as the first spare wasn't working either so it sounds as though the whole connection point is on it's last legs.  Can you get an engineer out again please to fix it ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lesliefmay

I'm very sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos