Menu
jamsconce
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone on land line

For weeks now I have had no dial tone on my land line. I thought that my phone had stopped working so I have purchased a new phone but I still have the same problem no dial tone so can't make or receive calls?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone on land line

Have you phoned customer services to try and get it fixed.

It could take a week or 2 on here before Virgin staff get to this message.

Are you testing by plugging into the main phone socket or an extension and if there is an extension have you unplugged anything else that may be plugged in?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey jamsconce

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service recently.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end, we're not detecting any errors but as you've already tested your handset, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jamsconce
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It is plugged directly into virgin socket which was only installed approx 12 months ago so shouldn't be that?

I was trying to avoid calling customer services as I would have to use my mobile which would be costly as it's an 0345 number can't use the 150 as the phone is dead.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamsconce

Just checking in to see if you've seen my response to your post? Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jamsconce
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I have, I did reply to the private message. I assume there wont be a charge for the engineer coming out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamsconse

There won't be a charge for the engineerMan Happy

Respond to the private message I've sent and we'll get this organised as soon as possible.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos