Menu
cooldougster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone, new customer, transferring from Sky.

To say I'm angry is an understatement!

Booked a self install for broadband, which is fine and also the transfer of my Sky number to a Virgin line.Not had a dial tone, so made a call and was told an engineer would come out between 4-7.

Had a call at 1.55 pm from the engineer, who said he'd fixed the fault and there was no need to come out.Tried the line-dead as a Dodo!

Rang Virgin again, got transferred to the field team(I think that's what they're called) and the rather shirty lady couldn't find my details from my postcode, not even my address!They transferred me to the `pre install team` who didn't have a clue what to do, so transferred me back to customer services!The lady there said an engineer would come out tomorrow morning!

I really hope so, as I am disabled and won't have my Sky phone line as it's been cut off, so don't know what to do if nobody fixes it!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No dial tone, new customer, transferring from Sky.

Hi cooldougster

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I'm glad the engineer was able to helpMan Happy

As you've asked, our lifeline customers are people that need priority when issues with their phone occur. To arrange for this, give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and request that the forms are sent out. 

I hope this helps and we'll be here should you need any assistance in the future.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi cooldougster

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end and I can see an appointment arranged for later this week, which has been recently rearranged. 

We'd love to hear how that goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Vicky28
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm also a new customer and I've no dial tone to my phone and was given someone else's phone number so when I tried to ring what I thought was my house number a lady answered it
cooldougster
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't rearranged, the engineer didn't bother turning up as he said he'd fixed it at the cable box!Not a good start!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Vicky28,

Sorry to learn you're without a dial tone at the moment.

I have checked your line and everything looks okay so can I firstly confirm whether you have tried a different handset in the socket?

I'll also like to confirm what landline number you were given so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Vicky28
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have private messaged u back
0 Kudos
cooldougster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Could you possibly tell me when the engineer is due today please?Sure they said 8-12, but, as I now have no phone, I can't ring to check.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi cooldougster

I've sent you information of your appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi cooldougster

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I'm glad the engineer was able to helpMan Happy

As you've asked, our lifeline customers are people that need priority when issues with their phone occur. To arrange for this, give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and request that the forms are sent out. 

I hope this helps and we'll be here should you need any assistance in the future.

Craig

cooldougster
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!Smiley Happy