Menu
BXW-22
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone - dead line

Hi,

I have just sent up Phone & Broadband with Virgin about 5 days ago.

Broadband is working fine the phone line is dead.

Do I need to do anything to activate the line or should it just work when I plug my phone in?

Thanks

BXW-22

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No dial tone - dead line

Hi BXW-22,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your new phone service isn't working. I'll look into this straight away.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see the reason why the line isn't working. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
BXW-22
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Postcode area is BD17

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BXW-22,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your new phone service isn't working. I'll look into this straight away.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see the reason why the line isn't working. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

tryingagain
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My phone line keeps going dead too... been with virgin for years but have issues with both phone and now the broadband because of the windows issues... is the dead line to do with that?   I ran a phone line test and got no feedbak..in fact it got to 99% done and then the page froze and I tried again but the test wouldn't even get started... and no answer as to what was wrong.            I feel £42 a month is pretty much when things are as awry as this...will there be a reduction for the lack of service on this?                Its gone on so long.. thanks for any response ... if they reduce your speed do you get a reduction in the billing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tryingagain

Thank you for joining us on the forums and welcome to the community. I appreciate the landline is causing you and issue and would like to see what we can do to help support you with this.

Could you please let me know if the line is currently working? You've mentioned above that it 'keeps going dead' so this seems to indicate it is sometimes working but has an intermittent fault.

If you have an issue at the moment with the services currently can you let us know if you have tried another phone in the master socket, or if you don't have an alternative handset, if you've checked yours in a neighbour or friends master socket to eliminate the phone as being the cause of the issue. Phones do need to be checked first as they can cause a large quantity of the faults we have reported which is why we always ask customers to check these first.

If you have checked the equipment and you still need support if you could pop back to me on the pm I'm sending you that you can find in the up next to your forum name.

Hope to catch you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos