Menu
k1s
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone and online test sticks at 99% Post options

Like others, I have no dial tone, test hangs at 99%, but account status pages says everything is fine

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone and online test sticks at 99% Post options

Hi k1s,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline and the online test isn't completing.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. There are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
k1s
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure it's none of those things because dialing the home number you just get a high pitched intermittent tone (different from engaged tone).

An engineer is supposed to be coming tomorrow to get the TV working. I assumed he or she would be able to fix the phone too, but I'm concerned now that I can see the service status according to your website falsely claims the phone is OK.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi k1s,

The engineer attending the appointment for your TV upgrade won't be able to look at the telephone fault, as this is an installation, not a fault.

Please respond to the private message I've sent and I can arrange an appointment with a telephone fault engineer for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
k1s
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Engineer came today, did something outside, and has declared it fixed.  

Does anybody know if I should be getting a pro-rata reduction on my bill because of having no phone service for the first 12 days?

The salesperson also said I couldn't cancel the service (from PlusNet) from my old house until the new Virgin line was up & running because the number transfer wouldn't work if the Virgin line wasn't working (so I've had to incur more cost at that end too)...  :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello k1s,

I'm glad to hear your telephone line has been fixed, in order for me to take a look into this further for you I'm just going to need to confirm a couple of details so I'll just send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos