Menu
Tomo72
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone and not ringing

No dial tone and not ringing when dialed. The phone that dials rings as normal but the home phone doesn't. Can this be looked into please?
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone and not ringing

Have you been able to test a different handset on the line, or test this handset on a known working line?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Shelbea1909
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem.  Not sure if it is the line that is faulty or the phone.  Don't want to call an engineer if it is the phone, but don't have another one to try.  Let me know when you find out what the problem is.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tomo72,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your telephone line and a warm welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you so I will need to gain access to your account to be able to check this further.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Shelbea1909,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have been able to locate your account and I can see you have a technician booked for this.

If you have any further issues after your appointment please let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tomo72
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

A technician? I never booked one, when is one supposed to be coming? I have no idea. I did an online test but that came back as inconclusive and that's all
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tomo72 wrote:
Hi Rose,

A technician? I never booked one, when is one supposed to be coming? I have no idea. I did an online test but that came back as inconclusive and that's all

Not you @Tomo72.  It was a reply to @Shelbea1909

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Tomo72

Thanks for this information, I've been able to run some tests on your line from our end and we're detecting some slight issues which could cause problems for you.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos