Menu
trebor56
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone and no engineer

Hi,

Our phone line failed 3 days ago, with no dial tone. Trying two different phones, both of which had been working confirmed that it was the line and not the phone.

So I booked an engineer using the simple on-line booking system for 24Dec, 12 to 4PM.

It's now well after 7PM and no engineer in sight (maybe not surprising on Christmas eve).

It is used as emergency contact number for my elderly relative (aged 90) - so we need to get it working ASAP.

Any ideas on how to get something done? There doesn't seem to be any way to find out what is happening via the on-line booking system, other than to book another engineer visit which would now be 31-Dec (if anyone turns up then either).

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No dial tone and no engineer

Thanks for coming back to us about this trebor56,

Great to hear that this was sorted for you.

Thanks also for the feedback, I will make sure to pass this on for you.

Please feel free to get back to us if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i would say calling in to ask would be the best bet right now.
They might also be able to call forward any calls to another number like a mobile to keep you going over Christmas.

Keep us posted.

Happy Holidays

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Booked Engineer fail to turn up on Christmas Eve also, although when I contacted the 'live chat' they claimed he turned up at 11:17 on Christmas Eve, the problem with that claim it that I live in high rise block of flats with CCTV and the CCTV operator has confirmed that no Virgin Media van has been in our street or attempted to press my flat number. (our cul-de-sac and car park are cover by CCTV and to enter the car park one has to contact CCTV, besides ring the flat for access to the lobby, and the security door on the 14th floor).

So you see you'l be told the Engineer called but you failed to answer the door.  Sorry, but it is a fact of life Virgin lie..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi trebor56,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that the engineer you scheduled online didn't show.

Checking into this, it looks like no appointment was made for the 24th via the online system. Did you receive confirmation of this appointment at the time you made the booking?

I can see that you called in and were able to arrange an appointment. Please let us know how this goes for you. Apologies again for the problem with your line and with arranging the appointment.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bartonhillbum,

I have responded to your original post here: No Working Phone and also have sent you a private message so that we can arrange an appointment for you to get your landline issue fixed. Please respond as quickly as possible with the requested information and I can get this scheduled in for you while we have availability this week.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
trebor56
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses.

After phoning Virgin on 151 from someone else's phone, it appears that when I used the on-line system there was no actual booking made for 24-Dec, so that would explain the no show!

I was told that you should get confirmation email/text when an engineer is successfully booked using the on-line system - sounds line a great idea so why doesn't it say this on the booking web page. Maybe the hardworking support engineers can add it in Smiley Happy

I have now booked an engineer for 29th Dec so hope it will all be sorted out then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI trebor56,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry that there was a problem booking an appointment via the online system. 

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
trebor56
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came on Thursday and only took about 10 minutes to fix the problem (a vandalised cabinet down the road), so great to have a working phone again and thanks for the efficient friendly service.

It's a pity the line test is rubbish  - it reported that the line was fine when obviously it wasn't.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us about this trebor56,

Great to hear that this was sorted for you.

Thanks also for the feedback, I will make sure to pass this on for you.

Please feel free to get back to us if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos