Menu
brian5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone and line constantly engaged

Home Phone was working earlier today but since about 4pm, I have had no dial tone, I tried to call my number from my mobile phone and I get the engaged tone. I have checked the online status and run an online test and according to that there is no fault.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone and line constantly engaged

Hello brian5,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your telephone line and welcome back to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I have performed a line check. The line is currently showing blocked so I'd just like to confirm how many phones do you have plugged into the sockets and if you've tried a different handset? Just to eliminate any equipment fault.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brian5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have only 1 phone socket for this number, and I have a set of 3 Panasonic wireless phones, the main base unit of which is plugged directly into the socket. I have not tried another handset, the phones are only a few months old, I will try to get hold of another handset to try.

I should add that I unplugged the phone from the phone socket and then tried to phone from my mobile and still got the engaged tone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi brian5,

Thanks for getting back to me, one way of checking whether it's the equipment is by unplugging everything from the sockets then trying to ring your number again. If it's still engaged then it's the line that's at fault.

Let me know how you get on as I'd be happy to book you a technician if it's not the equipment.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brian5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I left it overnight and tried about lunchtime today and the fault is now fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi brian5,

That's great news I'm glad to hear it's fixed.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues and we'll look into it for you.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos