Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15 (114 Views)

No dial tone agan

Looks like a repeat problem from last week. The fault wasn't in the house. The engineer called us and said something had dropped out due to the heat. Another hot day today and failed again.

Cant get through to anyone on the 0345 number. Going to give up soon as have been waiting 15 mins already.

Anyone else in IG10 having the same prob?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15 (90 Views)

Re: No dial tone agan

Hi Simonig10,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've located your account and it looks like the network team are still trying to get this sorted. Hopefully they should have it fixed within the next 4 - 6 hours.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15 (88 Views)

Hi, thanks. It happened last week and seems due to the high temperatures (or so the engineer said). I assume this is a new fault and not some information related to the problem from last week. It was only fixed on Thursday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15 (84 Views)

Hi Simonig10,

This does appear to be a new fault although I can't say for sure that it isn't related. Keep an eye on your line and if it's not back on later today drop us a message and we'll check it again for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15 (77 Views)

Hi, its still totally dead....any update?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15 (56 Views)

Hi Simonig10

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, looking at your account I can see that an appointment has been arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this,m which is excellent news.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15 (52 Views)

Sorry, this service is terrible.

Ive had various conflicting messages via this forum and when my Wife called last night they said it was an 'area problem' and it shoould be back in 4-6 hrs. I then get a text message this morning telling me its fixed which it isnt. I then reply with 'help' and I am told I have an appoinment on 26th June (not 'excellent news' at all) which is nearly a week away. I work from home and need this line.

I am so unimpressed with teh landline service from Virgin. I will now try calling again to see what random message I get this time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15 (50 Views)

Hi Simonig10

Sorry for the confusion, I've checked the availability in your area and the appointment you have is the soonest available at the moment. 

The issues in your area have not closed the ticket down for the engineers appointment so I'd recommend keeping that open, I'll be keeping an eye on the account from our end too, if there are any cancellations I'll be in touch.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to hear how the appointment goes.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15 (47 Views)

Just spoke to the guys online and they said the soonest they can get someone is 26th which is diabolical. I stated that the engineer last week did not even visit site so I cant se what this will achieve. Having no phone line in this day and age for a week is dire. I need it work from home effectively. I cannot do everything on a mobile and my wife also runs her business from home.

This is very disapointing as I have been happy with the broadband and TV but will be looking for alternative providers as this is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15 (40 Views)

Hi Simonig10

I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, it's certainly not the service we want for you. 

We'd love to hear how the appointment goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos