Menu
Highlighted
Terry_
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone (again!!!)

For the fourth time....no dial tone with incoming calls going straight to voice, the line test always stops at 99%, and the chat lines are persistently busy (is anybody ever there?).

First time engineer came and fixed a fault outside the house. Second & third time fault seemingly self corrected and I cancelled the engineer. Now it's happened again, phoning virgin support is really expensive as there's a lot of stuff to listen through.

Anyone had similar and did you get a permanent solution?

Cheers, Terry

0 Kudos
AndrewPage
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone (again!!!)

When you have no phone line, phoning Virgin costs a fortune. After hours on the phone and several visits that failed to provide any phone service at all, i just gave up. They wore me down! I've abandoned hope of a landline from Virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry_

I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end and run some tests on the line. 

We're detecting some errors with the line and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Terry_
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone self corrected again but I didn't cancel the engineer appointment as I'm keen for the intermittent fault to be identified and corrected.

He came, couldn't find root problem; but changed the internal box as it was very old (Nynex!!).

Today the phone is not working again, the online test still doesn't complete and yet again chat support isn't available.

What do I need to do to get a permanent solution? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry_

I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

I'd like to arrange for a senior technician to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I'm really sorry to have to ask for this again but we really want to get this permanently resolved ASAP.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos