Menu
cbro41
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No capacity

When the engineer installed my tv, phone and broadband, he told me that I would not have my original phone number for another 10 days and would give me the temp number when he came back from doing the connection somewhere in the street. It was only when he left that I realised nothing further had been said. The phone was still connected to sky and was working fine, so I didn't bother, expecting that when it went off I would switch to the Virgin socket and use the temp number. When the date arrived for the switch I moved the phone to find it was dead. When I rang Virgin that was the first I heard that there was no capacity for me. So Sky, my previous provider, of course, cut me off and now I have NO PHONE.  I have contacted customer services only to be told there is no capacity and they are absolutely not able to say for how long. What on earth can I do? no company will give me a temporary service until someone in my area  leaves virgin. I am 75 and my partner is receiving cancer treatment  and all the health people etc have our landline number.  I cant begin to think how many people I need to inform.  It is ridiculous, the man said its very very rare  well they should not promise any installation until they have the capacity . Any suggestions ?? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No capacity

Hi cbro41

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your home phone recently.

It's not the service we want for you so my apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing, I've located your account and can see a member of the team will be in touch when there's capacity available for your telephone service.

I'll be here if there's anything I can help with moving forward, I can't apologise enough for the service you're receiving so sorry again for how things have panned out.

I'll be here

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cbro41
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your acknowledgement of my problem.  Had someone informed me of the problem prior to Sky cutting me off I could have extended my phone service with them because they had the decency to ring and inform me of the date that they would be cutting me off.

Regards Carole

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a service available from the Post Office which is on a 30 day rolling contract.

They have a special offer reducing the line rental to £14.99 from £16.99 a month for 12 months if you sign a 12 month contract, but you are no obliged to take this.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-phone

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can only imagine the inconvenience this is causing cbro41

Apologies again for the problems with your phone line, I'd love to hear how it goes when the team get in touch.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos