Menu
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No Working Phone

As a 'New' customer to Virgin Media (I joined on the 17th Dec - today is the 24th Dec) I have only had a working phone for 2 days, although connected to the internet on the Sat (17th) no phone until I went into the Bristol Shop curing and telling them to disconnect me. Suddenly on the Tuesday my phone was working, Thursday morning my phone is not working.  After waiting on a mobile for over 20 mins typing  (seemingly tens of numbers) more 1 than any other I am informed by a smart Alec lady that the 'tests show my phone is working' so there must be a problem with my handset (all 2 of them failed at the same time, I doubt it).  

Now waiting for an engineer for an appointment between 8 am and 12 noon today. it is now 10:25 no sign of any one 

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Working Phone

It is now 12:15 and no sign of any Engineer what a service this is proving to be - I would have been better, I feel staying with TalkTalk, I will cetrainly be looking for another ISP and telephone as soon as I come back from holiday.

I would if Richard Branson ever has this problem, I doubt it.

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is now 12:15 and no sign of any Engineer what a service this is proving to be - I would have been better, I feel staying with TalkTalk, I will certainly be looking for another ISP and telephone as soon as I come back from holiday.

I wonder if Richard Branson ever has this problem, I doubt it. (re submitted due to not making sense, it is now 12:20 still no engineer

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just had a conversation with a person via the 'live chat' it seems an engineer called to my home at 11:17 this morning, (I always thought the 'Invisible Man' was fiction, it seems not as Virgin state he called at my home, Well to gain access one has to first of all call up the CCTV Operator to open up the electronic gates, then drive into a car park fully covered by CCTV and only then enter my flat number into a key pad and press call, that rings a bell on the door entry system with I control. CCTV confirm NO VIRGIN VAN has entered the Car Park today and no one has entered my flat number in the pedestrian entry gate.

So Virgin Media must now be employing the 'Invisible Man'

I have informed the person on the 'Live Chat' I want someone here TODAY, or I will remove Virgin from theis Block of flats, but cutting the cable in the basement. Then lets see how long it takes for the 'Invisible Man' to materialise when 60+ customers have no T.V. or Telephone.

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Stuff the badges get some one here
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bartonhillbum,

I'm sorry to hear that you have a fault with your landline and that this hasn't been fixed for you yet. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your posts.

Checking into this for you, I can see that the engineer noted that no one was in when he called out on Saturday.

We will need to reschedule an appointment for you, so I'll send you a private message requesting more information so that I can arrange this for you. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

CCTV proves NO engineer called at our block of flats on Christmas eve

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have given the matter of my contract with Virgin some consideration. The facts are these:-

I joined on the 17th Dec and had no phone line until the 21st Dec then it was fixed, only for it to fail again on the 22nd. An engineer was promised fro the 24th Dec between 8 am and 12 noon, none arrived, despite assursions from your Company that he did attend at 11:17. The CCTV operated by my Landlord (the local authority) supports my argument that he never arrived.

I am now informed that I must choose a date and time either Friday or Saturday 30 th or 31 st dispite being offered a visit from an Engineer on Wednesday 28 th.  I have decided that as you are unable to fulfill your side of the  contract , that we have. I am giving you an ultimatum

!/. Arrange an Engineer to visit my home on Wednesday 28th between 1 pm and 7 pm. and to permanently FIX the problem, so that I have no repeated loss of service. As well as  arrange a full refund of all installation fees, as a well as full months credit to my account.

OR

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 I sue Virgin Media for BREACH OF CONTRACT and also terminate the contract.

As the they say, in all good movies 'The choice is yours'

0 Kudos
Bartonhillbum
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well |I am here at home and have been for the past 45 mins the question is will the 'Invisible man' materialise between now and 7 pm ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bartonhillbum,

Please check your private messages in regards to your appointment.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos