Menu
PBou
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No VM phone service in Rottingdean

BIG lightening storm last night over Rottingdean  ( Brighton) no VM phone service today. 
Not my equipment used spare phone to check

Engineer ticket raised

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM phone service in Rottingdean

Sorry to hear about this PBou, 

I'm glad to hear that an engineer booking has been scheduled for you.

*Remember that someone of the age of 18+ would need to be in attendance for the full duration of the visit.

Let us know how this goes,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well NO engineer came, but miraculously my phone started to work again a few days ago.!!!!!!!!

So I guess an engineer came out to the local infrastructure and fixed something.

However, THIS IS CRAP SERVICE as no one came to house or contacted me from Virgin Media, I do actually have other issues with phone,
wife mainly uses phone service and complains of call sound phasing in and out.

So we may still have a problem but Virgin never made sure my problem was solved.

Plus no automatic compensation for loss of service period. 

Come on Virgin wheres your customer service at!!!

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM phone service in Rottingdean - woes of poor service and service outages over first 3 months

Virgin home phone is out again today. Phoned to raise a complaint. 

1st 6 weeks had poor and intermittent Broadband service again had engineer booked but first one did not come and when second came found that the original installation was incorrect, to strong a signal was flooding connection. 

This is a VERY DIFFICULT process to actually TALK to a VM Service guy, and navigate though the auto rely bots. 

Asked to escalate issue , promised that manager will call back. 

Asked for compensation told that VM does not provide compensation for poor. faulty or loss of service , unlike other companies like PlusNet who do provide compensation. Wished I had known that before joining.  If VM policy and contract dont have to pay compensation for loss or poor service what incentives them to deliver a good one?

However, I am being offered some form of "good will gesture" to be negotiated.

just got call back they have bumped my engineer visit up to tomorrow , that's appreciated. 

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM phone service in Rottingdean - woes of poor service and service outages over first 3 months

Ohh and now cant check my bills as VM site is down

0 Kudos
jimharmes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As a new customer I am surprised at Virgins lack of customer service ,I hope this is a rare situation

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM phone service in Rottingdean - my experience as new customer

Jim, Hope your experience is better than mine. 

I moved to Virgin as I was getting regular offers as I'm in a virgin cabled area,
and my family wanted better broadband for streaming as they tend to stream tv on catchup rather than watch at regular times.

Thought that as a dedicated cable service it would be more reliable than BT based service, NOT my experience so far.

So far the whole process has been a catalogue of poor service; 

- original installation delayed

- original installation not done right so was having intermittent BB problems for first 69 days

- phone outages on my second one.

As far as I can see VM employs mainly contract engineers for installation and service. 
I have had two engineer visits booked where no engineer turned up and no apology or explanation.
No one seams to be following up to ensure problems are actually fixed or that engineers actually make the visit.

That means you have to call and re-book, 
Getting through to a talk to a real person is not straight forward and you have to navigate the Auto Reply Bots.

I have been told today to phone  0345 454 1111 then press 4, and then option 5 to get straight through to talk to a person. 
(Havent checked this out yet)

Finally, Compensation for not meeting service, apparently VM doesnt do that. So you have to complain to get some one to take notice. 
I moved from PlusNet who had great customer service and gave full credit when service not met.

So in summary when Broadband 200 works its better than PlusNet who was capped at 70mbs
but Customer Service and response, and service structure is way poorer. ( in my opinion)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pbou

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with the level of service you've received lately. 

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately, if you're still experiencing issues with your telephone service and would like me to take a closer look, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll get to it ASAP.

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PBou
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Finally got my phone service back yesterday, but for how long, last ime went down again within days.

Despite several engineers being booked none have called at my property to check end to end service. 

I have escalated this to a complaint and requested compensation for reduced and loss of service since original installation which was found to be incorrect.

BUT... I can phone and complain but there is no continuity and its clear VM Manager's fail to own issues and follow up to a customer satisfied conclusion.

I have downloaded VMs complaint procedure and requested escalation to a Senior Manager.....NO REPLY or Response or contact form am Senior Manager.

My next response is to write formally and also raise issues with exterior governing bodies like Offcom. Request copies of all calls and issues, via a Freedom of Information request as VM cant / wont share call issues via online ticket numbers so customers dont know whether their issue is properly logged or followed up on. 

I am an experienced senior IT and Network Manager who also implements Service Management and Customer support solutions, I have to say form an external view VM needs a lot of help, and change in internal culture to become customer caring organisation. 

Oh, and Craig, its not the level of service "today" its the whole service from pre-installation,  installation and after that's been a catalogue of issues , delays, and poor work, affecting end user service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi PBou

I'm very sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, it's absolutely not the service we want for you. 

If you'd like me to take a closer look to ensure everything that should be, is being done, just respond to the private message I've sent and I'll get to it right away, without that information there's not much more I can do other than apologise for the level of service you're received.

I look forward to hearing from you and taking a look

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos