Menu
WestonKev69
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Phone

An engineer was in our area (NN4 9XN - Northampton) on Thursday (23/2) doing some work (we had a card through the door) and since then we have had no home telephone.

Have run the test (which says the line is fine) and tried another phone (still no good).

There's no dial tone when I pick the handset up and when I try ringing from my mobile, I can hear it ringing on my mobile but it doesn't ring within the house.

Also on the handset it says "Please check the line cord".

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Phone

Hello WestonKev69,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have checked your line and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to visit your property.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jan211
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Phone, completely dead

i also have an elderly mother who is virtually blind.  I phoned Virgin yesterday to request some help when I was trying to phone her and it was permanently busy.  I was told my phone was blocked and they would get an engineer out on 3rd March. When I explained my dilemma they said it would be today, Saturday.  They couldn't give a time but the engineer would phone first on my mobile,  nothing yet and I'm worried I won't be here when they do eventually call.  Is there any way I can find out when they will arrive.

0 Kudos
Jan211
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Phone, completely dead

Having spoken to the call centre again, I got cut off whilst trying to get a call out earlier than next Friday.  I'm resigned to the fact that I won't get a call out before then.  Meanwhile my mother has no phone and at 87 can't use a mobile or computer!  I'm shocked how rubbish the service is and seriously considering changing my provider!

Maren123
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Rose, I have the same problem as WestonKev69, no phone line since engineers have been in my area speeding up broadband, it seems they have disabled the phone by accident. It is completely dead.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Phone, completely dead

Hello Jan211,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn about the phone line.

I would like to look into this in more detail and check for any earlier appointments so I'm just going to send you another message requesting further information which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Maren123,

Thanks for making us aware of this problem.

I have located your account and I can see you now have a technician booked so please let us know if you need help with anything else.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos