Menu
TheRealMrGrumpy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Phone Line Installed

I signed up for Virgin on 28th September from Sky. We were told that we could transfer our telephone line and number with no problems. The engineer however, told us that (a) he hadn't been told to install a line and (b) there was no spare capacity anyway! The cards in the exchange are all full and for us to be added, Virgin need to lose a customer!

So, when will I have a WORKING phone line?

Over to you Virgin!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Phone Line Installed

With capacity at the cabinet full, you have no option but to wait for another customer to leave.

VM inhertied phone systems from many cable builds started by other companies. Most of these were built on the cheap with no mind to expansion. The costs for VM to correct it outweigh the costs of introducing new technology like VoIP phones. So until that happens, capacity problems will continue.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With capacity at the cabinet full, you have no option but to wait for another customer to leave.

VM inhertied phone systems from many cable builds started by other companies. Most of these were built on the cheap with no mind to expansion. The costs for VM to correct it outweigh the costs of introducing new technology like VoIP phones. So until that happens, capacity problems will continue.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

TheRealMrGrumpy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - pretty much what I told Virgin on Saturday! Plus, I commented what a great way it was to run a business - lose existing customers, who are paying more than new customers, leading to lower income and profits....

Worst part was when I kept asking when/if it would work "Shortly" was the constant answer, but when I kept pressing for a date I just kept getting told "shortly"....

As far as I'm concerned, this amounts to a combination of misrepresentation and breach of contract. I was induced into a contract which Virgin cannot meet (since they don't know when/if I'll have a telephone again) and what's worse is that they know it!

First chance I get it's back to Sky for me! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The crazy thing is you will see many post here from people trying to get rid of their landlines because they only use their mobiles. They then end up being penalised as they lose discount on their bundle charges. Indeed, VM's new fibre only areas dont even have a phone service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheRealMrGrumpy

I am so sorry to learn about the situation you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, it's certainly not what we want for you.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that the issue has been escalated and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as there's an update available regarding the installation of your phone line. If you want to make sure we've got the best contact number for you, send me a private message by clicking on my profile and clicking the button on the right hand side.

I've love to hear how this goes and sorry again for the inconvenience it's caused.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
burubabu
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Not sure if you have managed to have your line installed yet, but I have been waiting over 6 months for Virgin to install my line, I have had virgin re book 5 times, each time saying they haven't installed the cable outside. TODAY they have now told me not only is there no cable outside, that there is no spare phone socket! this is ridiculous, I have been very patient, but now I am furious!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there burubabu,

Thanks for your post and I'm really very sorry to hear that you're experiencing something similar here. Smiley Sad

I've had a look at your account and I can see that the team are on the case to get this sorted ASAP.

Please feel free to let me know if I can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos