Menu
dulux72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Landline after new install and porting

Well not very impressed so far.

Had a new installation on Saturday including vivid 200 broadband, TV and landline with a number port.

To start with the V6 box hadnt been registered to our account and therefore wouldnt update. This was resolved after the engineer queried the account after trying for around 2hrs to get the box to update.

And since Saturday afternoon we've had no landline.

Callers hear the phone ring once then it cuts you off. No ringing at all in the house.

No access to voicemail either way

We can dial out on a very crackly line which displays the correct ported number.

What a shambles. Been told that there's a problem but an engineer can't come out until next Saturday.

Am I going to get a credit for the fact that the phone is unuseable ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Landline after new install and porting

Hi dulux72

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your installation. 

We don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving, so we'll credit you back for any time you've made us aware that your service is not working. 

I'm glad to hear that action has been planned to resolve this issue, we'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dulux72
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So an engineer arrived on Saturday morning and quickly discovered that the issues with the landline were caused by the original poor installation.
The cable had been damaged when being fed through the wall
Surely this should have been spotted by the original installer prior to leaving ?

I'm sure that alot of the faults reported on here are down to poor workmanship either due to time pressure or poor training.
Virgin are doing themselves alot of damage by shoddy installations.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dulux72

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear the engineer identified the issue and I hope that means the line is working as it should at the moment? 

I'll feed this back to the team in your local area because as you've mentioned, this could have been avoided if the initial engineer had fully examined the line.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos