Menu
jamesking888
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Dialling Tone

Hello, have had no dial tone on home phone since at least Thursday. Been through the online support and run tests which say line is OK. 

Went out today and bought a corded handset to test the socket as recommended by the online support. Guess what....no dialling tone...

tried to book an a Engineer  online and it won't let me do it. Have to call to make an appointment. Bit difficult to do as we can't get a dialling tone.

My mobile doesn't work in the house so we're a bit stuck on this one. Any suggestions?!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dialling Tone

The smartcall app will let you make calls over wifi. You can download it from your my virgin media.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The smartcall app will let you make calls over wifi. You can download it from your my virgin media.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesking888,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. 

It's great to see Andrew-H recommending the SmartCall app--were you able to use this? You can also get in touch with us via Online Chat: Contact Us . Just choose the appropriate options and click Chat Online.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see that you have been able to schedule an engineer visit for this already.

Please get back in touch if you have any further queries and also let us know how this appointment goes for you so we can verify your service is working properly for you.

Many thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jamesking888
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry,

Thank no you for your message. The Tu app on my O2 account doesn't seem to want to work properly. Haven't tried the Smarrtcall app which I assume is a different app.

anyway, had to email support as couldn't get through any other way. Have had an email regarding an engineer visit. Email says to change the date log in to My Virgin Media and select Your Appointments. Neither my wife or I are around when the engineers visit is schedule so have logged in to My Virgin Media. No sign of anything marked or referencing Your Appointments.

Can't find link to online chat either, only let's me email or call can't see a link to online.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesking888,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get through to us to reschedule your appointment or access the SmartCall app. I can help on both accounts here.

First of all, I'll send you a private message requesting further information so that I can reschedule your current appointment--just click the purple envelope at the top of this screen and respond accordingly.

Secondly, please check out the following link: SmartCall Information. If you are experiencing a problem opening this link, just go to www.virginmedia.com/help and type in SmartCall into the search box. This will bring up pages full of helpful information about using the SmartCall app--the best place to start will be Tips for getting your SmartCall app started.

Hope this helps. Please check your pm's so that I can get your appointment rescheduled for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello James,

Just checking back with you to check that the engineer was able to fix the fault on your landline.

Please let me know as I'd like to make sure this problem has been resolved for you.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos