Menu
holfrar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Dial tone or connection on phone

Hi

For the past week or so, i have not had use of our home phone.

Picking up the phone and 'using' it just gives a small static sound, no dial tone. if i ring my home phone from my mobile, it rings (no message on mobile saying cannot connect etc) it will even show on caller ID that my mobile is ringing.

When i 'answer' on my home phone, nothing happens, no connection, my mobile is still ringing.

Just as a side note, we keep getting some sound break up and pixels on the TV as well, not sure if this is linked.

Help please!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial tone or connection on phone

Hi holfrar

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're seeing no issues with the line from our end at the moment though.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
holfrar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok well, just woke up this morning to the phone ringing!!

Not sure what has been done but thanks.

But just to let you know i had tried another phone and that didn't work, also the online test showed no fault. i will keep you updated if it stops again, but at the moment it is working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey holfrar

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

If anything changes, I'll be here and ready to help.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
holfrar
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well it worked for a few days but now back to the no dial tone.

can't use/call or answer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey holfrar

I'm so sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing at the moment.

I've taken another look at your account and been able to run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not  seeing any errors although as you've already tested your handset recently I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the problems with your service.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos