Menu
marshallr31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Dial tone, no landline service

Hi

Can someone from Virgnmedia please arrange an engineer as we have no telephone service.

any day or time is fine.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dial tone, no landline service

Hi there marshallr31, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, I've done some testing from this end and can see that we've just been made aware of a local outage that will cause the line to fail. 

Our network teams are just beginning to get the information regarding this and have initially given it a four hour estimated fix time. This time is subject to change depending on the work that is needed when the engineers report is complete. 

Shortly, you'll be able to get updates on this fault by putting your details into our Service Status page which can be found by Clicking on this link.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there marshallr31, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, I've done some testing from this end and can see that we've just been made aware of a local outage that will cause the line to fail. 

Our network teams are just beginning to get the information regarding this and have initially given it a four hour estimated fix time. This time is subject to change depending on the work that is needed when the engineers report is complete. 

Shortly, you'll be able to get updates on this fault by putting your details into our Service Status page which can be found by Clicking on this link.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
marshallr31
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw_B for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all marshallr31, 

I've done some checks on the line this morning and all seems to be back up and running now. I sure hope that your phone line is now working fine for you. 

Should you still be experiencing any issues please let me know. 

Many thanks. 

Huw

0 Kudos
marshallr31
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Huw

Thanks for the update, yes our telephone is working but the line is very crackly.

Do you think they will sort this problem out?

Kind regards

Rachael

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, glad to hear that your phone is now working for you. To be honest with you, the crackling on the line doesn't sound too good - no pun intended. I've run some testing on the line this evening, and can't see any reason for this. 

I'd now have to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, just to eliminate the phone being at fault, as the next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this once you can confirm that the phone has been ruled out. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a blue envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Cheers.

Huw

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Rachael, 

Just thought I'd check in with you to see how everything is with the phone line now, if you are still having an issue, and would like me to arrange a technician, please let me know. 

Cheers,

Huw

0 Kudos