Menu
kjskot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

My landline has not been working since Friday. I waited in case it went right of its own accord but it is still not working. I've tried the test option on the website, but that counts to 99 % then stops. I've waited 15 mins and it's still on 99%. I've plugged in another phone and that doesn't work either. When I press the green button, instead of a dial tone, I just get a crackling noise. When I dial the line from my mobile, I just get a beep and the "Call Ended" message. Can anyone help? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dial Tone

Hello kjskot,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your telephone line.

The line test has come back as blocked and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you need an engineer's visit.  You could wait until a member of the Forum Team spots this but it could be days, or you can call the fault in on another phone  0345 454 1111.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello kjskot,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your telephone line.

The line test has come back as blocked and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have booked a technician who won't be there until next Monday.  Every time I call home (in E11 area)  it rings once and is followed by lots of crackle (tested with mobile and land line).  I don't believe VM when they say nothing wrong from their end as I keep getting the issue ringing from elsewhere.

And when I try to run a test, I get this (even though the test has not completed)...

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/no-switch-check-allowed

Sorry, you can't run the test again today

You've run the test three times, which is the maximum allowed for one day.

Is there anything else we can do to help?

Our help section has loads of useful articles and step-by-step instructions to help you diagnose and fix common problems, or you can call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or on 0333 000 3101 from any other phone).

0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kjskot,

Can i ask did you receive an SMS on your landline prior to this happening?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

I have booked a technician who won't be there until next Monday.  Every time I call home (in E11 area)  it rings once and is followed by lots of crackle (tested with mobile and land line).  I don't believe VM when they say nothing wrong from their end as I keep getting the issue ringing from elsewhere.

And when I try to run a test, I get this (even though the test has not completed)...

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/no-switch-check-allowed

Sorry, you can't run the test again today

You've run the test three times, which is the maximum allowed for one day.

Is there anything else we can do to help?

Our help section has loads of useful articles and step-by-step instructions to help you diagnose and fix common problems, or you can call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or on 0333 000 3101 from any other phone).

all OK now - even let's me run the test now it works :-)

Ok, we didn't find a fault with your equipment

We'd be happy to investigate further if you think there's something wrong.

0 Kudos
Pjohn
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I can not help but I can confirm we have the same problem. We can not dial in with a mobile and whichever handset we swap between the internal sockets there is nothing. The test AP is worthless and sticks at the 99% . Booking an engineer is also pretty worthless with a date given sometime Friday 3rd. TV and broadband working 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pjohn

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service recently.

I've located your account and can see that you've organised an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, which is excellent news.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos