Menu
jb2015
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

I am a new customer of 32 hours old and from the installation of my telephone line I have not had a telephone service. The reason for not having a telephone according to the installation chap Waynne and these are his words not mine. "Telephone Not Working As Toc Phone Lines Down and Mux needs Changing"

I have contacted customer services and they Sorry it should be sorted by the end of the day.

Well it's still not sorted and I am extremely disappointed in the service of Virgin Medea.

Can anyone here get this sorted please. I have a 91 year old uncle staying with me and if I need a phone in a hurry I haven't got one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi jb2015,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline, not a great start!

I've read through the notes on the account and it confirms exactly what you've said. I've sent an email to the Field Manager for your area to see if we can get this sorted as soon as possible.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get a response.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jb2015
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Any progress on this matter please.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb2015,

I've checked the account and I can see the web chat team has arranged a technician to come out today and sort the issue.

Let me know how the appointment goes and if there's any more trouble I can contact the Field manager again for you.

Josh

0 Kudos
jb2015
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What time do the technician's finish ? because there has been no sign of him as yet.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb2015,

Our technicians regular working hours are between 8am - 7pm. I've checked the appointment order and the technician should be with you very soon.

If he doesn't turn up within the next hour, let me know and I'll chase it up for you.

Josh

0 Kudos
jb2015
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

He has arrived Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb2015,

That's great!

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
jb2015
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No luck with the telephone Smiley Frustrated It's not the technicians fault it was physically impossible to get it working because the Cabinet that my phone is connected to was thought to be connected to another cabinet further down my street, instead it is connected to a cabinet further away from my street and that cabinet has not be released yet. So the chap has to get planning to release this cabinet and then it's just a mater of plugging the cable into the correct connection.

This should have been followed up the day after the installation but was never done so, there has been a major failure in that department and needs investigating.

So still no phone but at least I know why and I have more confidence in this technician that the job will be done tomorrow providing this cabinet is released.

Now what do I need to do to get some compensation?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb2015,

I'm really sorry, that's not a great start!

Once the technician has resolved the issue for you, send me a message and I'll apply a credit to cover the loss of service for the duration of the fault.

I'll also send the details over to the Field Manager to make him aware of what's happened.

Josh

0 Kudos