Menu
bellie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

I have no dial tone.

I have tried another phone with the same result.

Can you please help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Hearts
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

need urgent help.i have no dial tone.I am a pensioner and do not use a mobile phone so the land line is my only contact!I

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bellie.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the no dial tone issues you have and I am sorry to hear this is affecting you Smiley Sad

It's great to hear you have tested another phone in the master socket whcih is one of the checks we ask all customers to run for us before booking engineers.

Can I also ask that when you did this that no additional sockets were connected at the time? They too can impact the services if this is the case.

I'm going to send a pm to you for me to look into this further. You can find this in the

if you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Hearts

Thank you very much for joining us on the community and for getting in touch to let us know that you are affected by a no dial tone issue.

I am sorry that this is affecting you and that this is causing you any concern or inconvenience.

If you could let me know have you been able to test another handset in the master socket? Faulty handsets are a common cause of no dial tone and this does need to be checked before we can book an engineer for our customers.

If you do not have an alternative phone to check then we ask that customers check their phone in a neighbours or friends socket to see if their phone works in a known working line.

Once we know it's not the phone that is the cause of the problem we can then look into this for you.

If you have already checked this for us, then that's fantastic Smiley Happy

I'm sending a pm to you if this is the case for me to offer further support to you and you can find this in the next to your forum name.

I hope to hear back from you soon, we will do our best to look after you Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Hearts
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm the phones are NOT working.No dial tone a crackle on the line and the phones light up.

I can also repeat i am a pensioner with no other form of phone communication and this land line is vital to me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Hearts for confirming that information for me. We had run a test and could not see any faults listed but the network doesn't always pick up individual issues so this is why we ask customers to run these checks for us.

I'll drop a reply back to your pm, now for us to arrange this with you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos