Menu
Fenella76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

My phone has no dial tone and people calling get an engaged tone.

Yesterday I was getting a message that my phone line was in use and I randomly get the "line cord" error every few days.

I've checked everything is plugged in correctly but seeing as nothing has changed since the phone line was working I can only assume a fault on the line even though the online checker says not?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi Fenella76

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about your line issue. My apologues your service is affected.

I've taken a look into this and there are no area problems reported so we will have to look into this on an individual basis for you.

Can I check that you have been able to eliminate the handset as the cause of the issue by either:

• Using another phone in the master socket with all other additional extensions unplugged,
  • Or by checking this in an neighbour or family members phone socket.

If you've been able to run these checks and the issue is still affecting you then if you could get back to me on the pm I'm sending to you that you can find in the envelope next to your forum name, that would be great.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Fenella76

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about your line issue. My apologues your service is affected.

I've taken a look into this and there are no area problems reported so we will have to look into this on an individual basis for you.

Can I check that you have been able to eliminate the handset as the cause of the issue by either:

• Using another phone in the master socket with all other additional extensions unplugged,
  • Or by checking this in an neighbour or family members phone socket.

If you've been able to run these checks and the issue is still affecting you then if you could get back to me on the pm I'm sending to you that you can find in the envelope next to your forum name, that would be great.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Fenella76
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes the phone is fine. I know this because the phone will be fine for days, then go off for days at a time and lo and behold it's gone off again with a line cord error. Quite frankly this intermittent service is ridiculous!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fenella76

I'm sorry for the continued problems your experiencing with your telephone line, the reason we ask you to check your handset is that if it's found to be the cause of the issue, the engineer can charge for an appointment.

We don;t want that, which is why we want to double check the handset is fully functional. However, we can still look to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look with that in mind, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, in case you want me to help to get this sorted.

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos