Menu
Phil501
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Dial Tone

Woke up this morning and i have no dial tone from my master socket. I've unplugged extensions and tried 2 different phones in the master socket and still no dial tone, just silence. I removed the split panel from the front and have tried both phones from the test socket inside and i was met with silence and no dial tone.

I ran the online test and it said there were no detected problems.

Any ideas or does it look like an engineer will have to come out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Dial Tone

Hi Phil501,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your landline. Thank you for letting us know that you have already checked this from the master socket and tested with alternative handsets, as this saves a bit of time.

I have run testing on your line and can see that there are no area outages reported. I will need arrange an engineer appointment for you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Phil501
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, i have sent you a pm with the requested details
0 Kudos
Phil501
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

an engineer has been out and discovered a disconnected cable in the green street box, so all is now well with my phone service.

Thanks for all the help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Phil,

I'm glad to hear your telephone line has been fixed, any other issues just give us a shout and we'll look into it for you Smiley Happy

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos