Menu
stibs
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No Connection

Hi, Just signed up with VM, got BB & phone activated last night, only problem so far is the phone, it won't work pugged into the old NTL wall socket, like no signal, nothing. I notice there is a socked in the VM Hub 3.0 for telephone, but its a different plug type, not the same as the wall socket. Not sure what to do, don't even have my account number yet, a problem this 60yr old could do without. help/advice please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Connection

Looks like you need an engineer out to look at this. You can phone customer services on 150 from a Virgin Mobile, or 0345 454 1111 (standard call rates), or the Forum Team here will pick up this post in a day or so. The Broadband hubs cannot connect to Virgins phone service (they are for cable VoIP services not currently available in the UK).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stibs
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I might as well cancel the phone altogether, I've no working phone now to tell them about my problem, and I'm certainly not paying for a service I don't have, plus I'm NOT paying for an engineer to make something right, that I've not had.

Don't even know my account number yet, not received it yet.

I Have a BT line, that could be activated again, that worked fine last week, if I could get a phone service off another company without any hassle and dealing with engineers and the added expense.

Like I say, I can't ring VM help either, no damn working phone :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello stibs,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your telephone line and a warm welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account to peform a line check and I would like to send one of our team out to you to check your telephone line so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

stibs wrote:

I might as well cancel the phone altogether, I've no working phone now to tell them about my problem, and I'm certainly not paying for a service I don't have, plus I'm NOT paying for an engineer to make something right, that I've not had.

Don't even know my account number yet, not received it yet.

I Have a BT line, that could be activated again, that worked fine last week, if I could get a phone service off another company without any hassle and dealing with engineers and the added expense.

Like I say, I can't ring VM help either, no damn working phone :-(

There are no fees for fault callouts on Virgin, so you wont have to pay anything. You should also be able to claim refund of line rental for any continuous loss of service over 24 hours long. As far as cancelling the phone, of you are in the cooling off period you may be able to cancel your contract & start again. If not there may be penalties to pay. Also, packages without a phoneline attract less discount, so you wont save the full cost of your line rental by dropping the phone.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stibs
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I stopped in all day so far, on a planned day off work waiting for the arranged engineer to call between 8 - 12, totally wasted day, nobody showed and I got up early at 7.30 on a day-off so I did not miss him. Not Good Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi stibs

I'm so sorry to hear about these problems, there's a note on your account from the engineers saying 'no access' so I'm not sure if it would be hard for you to hear them knocking? Normally they'll give you a call if they can't get access but as you've got no contact number that wasn't possible, I'll contact them for more information on what happened.

I've been able to take a look at your account and can see notes which suggest work was carried out externally at around 11:30 though, I'm guessing that you're still experiencing the issues with your phone line though?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stibs
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There was three of us in the house all morning and 2 of us all afternoon, ABSOLUTELY nobody called or knocked, easy to hear and can see if anyone parks outside, No difficulty hearing or seeing. Nobody could do work externally in my garden without being spotted at the window 100%, phone line at socket still dead. I'd swear on my mothers grave, that no engineer came to my house all morning. Find out what address they called at, because it was not mine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi stibs

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I've contacted the engineering manager in your local area and I'll be in touch once I have an update. Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing.

We'll talk soon

Craig

stibs
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

BTW, Since the package (modem ect) arrived last week, nothing further contact wise (mail), they have not even sent my account number yet. which I find strange.

0 Kudos