Menu
cathmum
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New phone, old problem

Due to the number of unsolicited calls we get, especially when there's nobody there, we always allow our phone to go to answering machine.  A few days ago we started getting a strange message which said, "we have not detected any response, if you have any further problems please dial 999".  We have had a number of these each day since, exactly the same message, no number from 1471. Now the line has started to crackle and won't allow us to ring out.  We have tried every connection, used the service status checks, which show no line problems and even bought a new phone/answering machine. Still the same problem, not sure what to do next.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone, old problem

I wonder if your phone has been inadvertently patched in to someone else's line either at the cab or the exchange. Have you called 150? That sort of message sounds like an out of hours GP service or Crimestoppers or something like that.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone, old problem

Hi cathmum

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues with your phone and my apologies this is causing you any concerns.

I can see since you posted you contacted our teams, which is great, and an engineer has been out this week to resolve the issues with the line.

I hope that went well for you. I can see that another engineer is doing some follow up work for you in the very near future to finalise the work needed to correct any service impact you may have had with our line.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you and let us know if you need anything else.

Oh, and by the way. A huge welcome to the community forums. I hope you're finding them useful Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos