Menu
amanda3
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New landline phone doesn't work

Hi, we have bought 3 new landlines and all of them don't work. There is no dialling tone at all & obviously can't ring out or receive calls. I can't believe all 3 phones are faulty. Any help, greatly appreciated. We have 2 phone sockets and both are the same - phone doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New landline phone doesn't work

If you have 3 phone lines you should have 3 seperate new Virgin master sockets.

Make sure you are not plugging into a BT master socket (Virgin use a separate network to BT)

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
amanda3
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for your reply. No the phones we have been trying we have just plugged into existing phone sockets that telewest installed! (Going back a bit!!) the only reason for the new phone is because the dog chewed the last handset! Do I need to contact virgin to get a master socket? I haven't done previously, just plugged in and away we went! Apologies for sounding a bit dim!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah!

Do you mean 3 SEPERATE phone lines (different telephone numbers going to each) or one phone line with 2 extension sockets (that all use the same number)?

If you have one line with 2 extensions you need to find the master socket to test, with different phones. If you get no dial tone then get in touch with faults.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
amanda3
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Help with landline

We have been without a landline for a few weeks (our choice, dog chewed last handset and found we didn't really miss it) however we have bought a new landline and plugged it in, waited for it to charge up etc. However we have no dialling tone and when we try and phone landline from my mobile it doesn't ring. We have bought 3 different landline phones at different times to try and all 3 don't work. We have had to take each one back to the shop as thought they were faulty and buy a different landline. Any advice please?
0 Kudos
amanda3
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No only 1 landline. We have 2 phone sockets - 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. We have bought 3 phones in total, at different times and have had to take each phone back to the shop as thought they were faulty because they didn't work. I can't believe all 3 are faulty.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Threads merged.

Please don't post multiple threads with the same issue. It will not get a quicker response.

The staff here can book you an engineer to look at this issue, but they may take a couple of days to respond.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting amanda3 and sorry to hear of the trouble experienced with your service, :/ 

I've located your account and can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve this for you. 

Let me know if I can help with anything more in the meantime, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with landline

Hi amanda3, 

I have responded to your previous thread in relation to this and noted that I can see an engineer appointment arranged for you. 

Please try and refrain from making duplicate posts as this could potentially delay the time that it takes for us to get back to you. 

Let us know how the visit goes! Smiley Happy

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos