Menu
mg2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New land line handset

Hello

Whilst I had a phone line and TiVo box all installed at the same time a couple of years ago, I have only just bought myself a land line handset. It is all charged up (makes a beep and the display indicates it is charged). Batteries are in and work, correct part in the phone jack. However, I am unable to receive or make calls, does not ring my mobile or receive calls. Any ideas please?  Should I be contacting Virgin direct to get something done or ???

Thank you

mg2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New land line handset

Hi mg2,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Landline isn't working, I will be happy to check the line status for you.

I have carried out a line status check and all is looking fine from here.  There's no fault detected right now.  How are things looking today?  If you still have No Dial Tone then it's worth checking your new handset in another working line to make sure it is working ok, alternatively test another handset in your line to see if you get the same response.  

If you have ruled out the handset, then please get back to me and let me know, we can check this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mg2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Collette

Thank you your response, much appreciated. I tested the handset in my daughter's house and it worked, so that would suggest the phone is okay wouldn't it?

Cheers

Marion

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marion,

Thanks you for checking out your handset, if it works ok in another line then yes the handset is fine.  

I will be happy to go ahead and arrange for an engineer to call round for you.  I will pop all the details in a private message, look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos