Menu
JoSum
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer - not impressed

Signed up to VM online on12th October. Had a lovely chat with online help who told me I could port my number. Went through to checkout page and it said 'no problem' - VM was available at my new address. Received a letter from Sky dated 12th October saying they had received request to port my number - initially very impressed VM had acted so quickly. Logged into my new VM account on 17th October and noticed an engineer visit booked for 22nd Oct plus my pre-arranged delivery for self-install on 24th November. Called VM (25 minute call!!) to check if engineer needed house access and was told 'no, they will just check the exchange'. Asked if I could re-arrange delivery for 25th but was told 'no, because you are having a number port'. Asked 3 times if I would have phone, internet and broadband when I plugged it all in on 25th Oct and was told each time 'yes, everything will work'.

Today I received a voicemail saying an engineer was booked for 1st November. Called VM (20 mins) and was told that I cant have self-install as I am having a number port. I asked for an earlier appointment as the first person I spoke to told me there were available slots on Tuesday. Second person said I had to wait 10 days for the number port to work. I said that by 25th October that will be 14 days as I ordered on 12th October but was told that its 10 days from today because today they realised that there was a problem. I asked for phone number or email of someone more senior but she refused to give me anything. She also said that it was absolutely impossible to get phone or broadband before 1st November.

Its is not my problem that VM did nothing for 9 days after receiving my order - apart from very quickly cancelling my Sky account which will now stop on Monday. The online ordering system checked my new address and allowed me to continue to purchase using the self install option. Apparently this was incorrect - again, not my problem.

When I logged onto my account following todays phone call both the engineer appointment for 22nd October and equipment delivery for 24th October have been cancelled. I cannot be without internet for a week as it will be detrimental to my business. I gave VM more than enough notice, the system allowed me to order self-install then VM did nothing (apart from send me lots of emails to sign up).

I will be attempting another call in the morning - almost definitely to arrange to cancel the service before it even starts. Appalling customer service.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - not impressed

The first thing I will say is, as Virgin is a totally seperate network unforseen problems can arise. When people ask for advice about joining Virgin I always advise overlapping their services, as number ports can always be done at any time after a Virgin install as a separate item.

Secondly. Virgin is a residential service. The SLA for the resolution of fault repairs is far more slack in it than Virgin's Business services. If you are running a business, then services from Virgin Business are the way to go.

http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JoSum
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need a residential service. The broadband to check emails etc.

I realise things can 'go wrong' but I should not have been allowed click self install at the checkout if there was likely to be a problem. They should not have waited 9 days before doing anything AND they should not have been so rude and lied to me on the phone!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoSum

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems with your service and the service you've received recently, it's not something we want any of our customer to experience and I'm really disappointed to hear we've let you down in this area.

I'd like to take a look at your account to ensure things are on track to be installed as soon as possible but I've not been able to accurately locate your account information using your forum details.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide