Menu
LUCIASDAD
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New customer - no phone line - Virgin couldn't give a ....

I moved house last week, and as Virgin media was already installed and working for my predecessor in the property,  I decided to switch from BT.

I was informed that Broadband and telephone would be available on Friday 11th December. I chose the self-installation package as all the wiring infrastructure was in place.

The package turned up on Saturday a day late, and I eventually had working broadband on Sunday evening - it took 5 phonecalls before the needful was done. However no phone....

I was informed the phone would be in place on Monday, as an engineer had to do "something" with a telecom box on the street.  Monday evening still no telephone - no dial tone. I phoned up to complain and was advised that the issue was within my property. There was an absolute refusal to accept any responsibility on behalf of Virgin,  or to attempt to troubleshoot on behalf of Virgin.  As I return from work at the earliest 7pm, no chance of an appointment during the week.  The earliest an engineer can visit at the weekend is after Christmas.  I requested to be put through to cancellations.  After a 10 minute wait on-hold, with utter garbage being pumped through my lugholes, I gave up.

BT is far from perfect, but if this is the standard of Virgin, then I'm going back tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - no phone line - Virgin couldn't give a ....

Hi LUCIASDAD,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your start with us was a rocky beginning, this is not what we like to hear.  I will be happy to help out here.

Is the issue with the Landline still present or is all working ok now?

Let me know, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AndrewPage
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - no phone line - Virgin couldn't give a ....

I have given up on trying to get a landline to work from Virgin and have just removed it from the package instead. It was costing me a fortune in mobile phone minutes to call Virgin repeatedly, following which their engineers just kept failing to fix the problem. I would have thought a media company could install a phone, but not Virgin

0 Kudos