Menu
aspeirs1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin customer - wrong telephone number ported to my line

Hi,

Im a newbie here so take it easy on me!!

Had my new broadband, tv and phone installed yesterday morning and all was well until about 10pm last night when I received a couple of phone calls. Firstly, Virgin called to talk about the fault with my phone which I reported! Only thing was I hadn't used my land line and was unaware of any issue and hadn't reported any fault. Explained that to the guy on the phone and ended the call.

Then, about a half hour later , the phone rings with a mobile number calling and when I answer there's a very angry man asking who I am and why when he rings his home number I'm answering it!! After a bit of discussion we realise that it looks like Virgin have ported the wrong number over to me!!

Not a great start to my time with Virgin to be honest.

Sure enough when I call my mobile number it's not my expected number which rings through!!

First of all, Virgin phoned to talk to me about the phone fault I reported!! I hadn't 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin customer - wrong telephone number ported to my line

Wire is in the wrong socket at cabinet. Easy fix
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin customer - wrong telephone number ported to my line

Hi aspeirs1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with what sounds like a crossed line Smiley Sad 

Since posting, I can see you;ve been able to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they have arranged for an engineer to come out to resolve things. 

Come back and let us know how the engineer visit goes and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos