Menu
nicholawatters
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Media Customer - Phone Line Crackling

Hi all. I recently switched to Virgin Media from Sky installation was Tuesday 31st Jan. Internet and TV are working perfectly however my phone line is crackling. During the installation there were some issues with the engineer saying the surveying team hadnt pulled the right cable through, then he couldnt find the right "wotsit" (?) In the cabinet (My word not his!) . He tried several before calling for support. Support arrived and connected within minutes. They checked it (I know now I should have...) and said it was up and running. It wasnt till the next day I realised there was very loud crackling on both incoming and outgoing calls. Ive also checked with a different telephone, so I know its not a handset fault.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Media Customer - Phone Line Crackling

Hi Nichola,

Sounds like a bodged installation.  You'll need a return visit by an engineer, hopefully this time, one that knows what he's doing.

You can wait around here for a member of the Forum team to reply to your post and arrange it for you (could be days) or you can phone the fault in yourself ... 150 from a VM phone (ha ha) or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.  Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Media Customer - Phone Line Crackling

Hi nicholawatters,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry for the install trouble!

I'd like to send a technician to sort this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos