Menu
raf3514179
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Telephone connection

Dear Sir/Madam

My Account details : ********, Installation date: 23rd November 2016, Area 20. Cables newly installed in the past few months -Bear Cross, Bournemouth.

Questions: Why can I not change telephone line over to Virgin in this area?

Does this mean I will have to pay additionally for an independent Telephone Line from my present Provider-SKY?

If so this increases my cost of moving over to Virgin.

Tomorrow I have to cancel my SKY contract (30 days notice)- How do I separate the phone line from the T.V. and Broadband. So need urgent reply.

M. A. Hutley

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Telephone connection

Are you on one on Virgin's new Fibre-to-Home connections (where the fibre comes to a powered box on your front wall)?

If you are, most of these are not & never will be connected to POTS Landline telephone services. You should not show as having a Landline on your bill.

Virgin plan to introduce VoIP telephone services (via your Broadband connection) in the future, but if the above is correct, you will need to remain connected to another supplier for your Landline until this happens.

You should be able to continue with a phone only service with Sky (just tell them you want to cancel the other services), or you can change to a provider like the Post Office, who offer a phone service without Broadband.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
raf3514179
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have since heard that Virgin in the Bear Cross, Bournemouth area is NOW connected to the Landline in the past week. This information came personally from a Virgin representative visiting all the neighbours in Milford Drive. So I have had to re-assemble my Virgin package and make a number of phone calls including cancelling my Landline with Sky.  It has been a difficult and complicated change-over from Sky to Virgin. I have also had telephone calls from Sky trying to change my mind. I have stood firm and my change-over to Virgin will hopefully be on the 23rd November 2016. I have already changed my mobile over to Virgin from Tesco. The telephone operators at the Virgin call-centre have been very helpful so far, but a complicated process. 

Michael A. Hutley

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Michael, I'm glad to hear you're able to make some progress in getting your line installed. 

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should there be anything we're able to help with.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos