Menu
paulhar1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Subscriber - Ex Directory? Not what I ordered!

Hi

The order for this new service has come through as Ex Directory. That's not what I asked for. I spent ages onto your "customer service" lines but there were two problems:

1 - They did not know what I was talking about (the term ex directory was unknown to them)

2 - They were very difficult to understand (accent and poor command of English)

I was promised a call back but this never came. Can you help please?

Not the greatest of starts.....at least Sky had UK based customer services.

Paul

backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Subscriber - Ex Directory? Not what I ordered!

Hi,

I was in the opposite position to you.  I wanted to remain ex-directory, but there was no option to choose this.  After a call to their UK call centre they confirmed that all customers are set as ex-directory unless requested otherwise.

I would recommend you speak to the loyalty department (they are UK based and very helpful).  They are the team who dealt with my request and I'm sure they will be able to sort this out for you.

You can contact them free on 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or free from any other landline or mobile via 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).  You need to select the option that you are thinking of leaving to get through to this team.  They are UK based and normally very helpful.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulhar1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've experienced and for the level of service you've received.

Due to the nature of the issues you're experiencing, I'd recommend giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can clear security to discuss this with you in detail. 

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

paulhar1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am not sure you read my original posting. I suspect you may be an automated reply! I said.....

I spent ages onto your "customer service" lines but there were two problems:

1 - They did not know what I was talking about (the term ex directory was unknown to them)

2 - They were very difficult to understand (accent and poor command of English)

I was promised a call back but this never came. Can you help please?

Not the greatest of starts.....at least Sky had UK based customer services.

So - do you have anything useful to add?

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

I can assure you I'm not automatedMan Happy

I recommended giving the team a call as I'm not able to make account changes via the Community, so unfortunately I'm not able to help as much as I'd like to.

An alternate way of getting in touch is to visit our [Contact Us] page and selecting the relevant option.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Personally I would recommend you try and get through to their Loyalty department.  They are based in the UK and are very good and should be able to sort out your problem if you explain that you have already spoken to different people and haven't got your issue resolved.

You can get through to them by selecting the option that you are thinking of leaving Virgin Media.

Please reply back and let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos