Menu
vdadlani
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NUMBER PORTING

Hi placed my order with virgin media for the telephone and broadband service whilst still in contract with sky as I was receving poor speeds and however much I tired to get it resolved it never got any better. At the time of placing my order with virgin I informed the representative that I would like my number ported over and it is one that I have had for a very long time.

Come installation day which was 14 days or so after I placed my order, the telephone line installation was not on the job card of the technition it was missed off, frustrating at first but having spoken to the technition and shown him my order confirmation the telephone line was installed and I was given a temp number. Having called Virgin the next day or so to check up on my number porting progress it was found that the relevant forms were never submitted and the number porting had not been started. Having spoken to a customer service agent they assured me a form will be submitted upon completion of the call - this was not done as I called a couple days later to get an update since 48 hours is the turn around time to get a response from BT, the customer service agent said no forms had been completed and that he would submit one for after the call finished, guess what..48hours later no form had been completed - i went through this process 3 or 4 times when i eventually gave up and looked for the details of the service agent i initally placed my virgin order with - she confirmed that no form had been completed and completed and submitted one whilst i was on the phone - no call back was given to provide me with an update as promised by her. A week later or so i get a call from virgin's customer service team telling me that the porting has been unsuccessful and that i needed to contact my previous service provider which i did. having gone back and spoken to sky they had terminated the broadband connection and talk service a week or so after my installation date [virgin media had 3/4 weeks to have the number transferred over] and suggest that i need to talk to BT Openreach and Virgin to have my number ported over. Virgin said they cant do anything for me and that i need to speak to Sky and BT Openreach. Having got in touch with BT Openreach, they assured me that the number was with them and that I had to get virgin to submit a request to retreve the number. a day or so later i received another call from virgin telling me my number porting had not gone through and that i need to contact sky and BT - before they could put the phone down i notified them that i had already done so and that BT were awaitig a request from Virgin to process further, i qoute the cust service agents response 'that will make my job easier, i shall put through the request'. having chased again a day or so later no update was given, everyone was just repeating what the old notes said.... having chased again yesterday 28.08.16 for an update i got through to an individual named Gary [foreign call centre] who spoken to the number porting team and i qoute said 'they have the number its been sucessfully ported over to us and that i will need to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the number to go live as they need to switch it on at the exchange and its late now' i thought great all done.... come today waited until the evening, the number is still inactive i call customer services and they say now it was rejected?!?! Where are they getting their information from if GARY confirmed with me the previous day everything is okay!

i do not know who to believe, what is happening, i seem to be getting different responses and all i want is my old number which all the hospitals and relatives have. BT are willing to play game.. why are VIRGIN finding it so hard to sort out! I am distress and annoyed and just want it sorted!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NUMBER PORTING

Hi vdadlani

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your porting requests.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that unfortunately the number port has been unsuccessful, which I can see we've spoken to you about since your post. I apologise again for the inconvenience you've experienced with this, it's really not what we want for you.

We'll be here if there's anything else we're able to assist with

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vdadlani
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

BT open reach has said the number is available and it needs a request from virgin! There's got to be some way to have this request put through
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vdadlani

Thanks for the fast response and sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing.

I can see that our teams have checked the availability and stated it's not possible, so apologies again for this but that's the outcome.

We'll be here if you need assistance with anything else moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos