Menu
PLOD11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NO DIAL TONE - INCOMING GETTING ENGAGED TONE

I was using the phone with no problems all day, tried to phone someone and got an engaged tone. Tried to call them back and had no dial tone. Tried to call the house phone from mobile and all i get is the engaged tone. Run the virginmedia test = No fault found Smiley Sad

unplugged all phones, still engagded tone on line. Ttried everything. Tried to book engineer on line at 22:45, told to phone the number provided, shown as being available 0800 to Midnight. Called it at 2300 and told no one here now try again tomorow after 0800.

Arrrrrrrgh ...........

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: NO DIAL TONE - INCOMING GETTING ENGAGED TONE

If you receive the engaged tone when you try to call your number and there is nothing at all connected to your master phone socket then this would certainly indicate a fault on your line and will require an engineer.

All you can do is what you have tried - Calling Customer Services or contact Virgin Media via their Live Chat service. Virgin Media staff do visit these public forums but can take up to a week to reply which is obviously too long for you to be without service.

Please let us know how you get on.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello PLOD11,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tested your line and I'm not finding any faults at the moment so this should be resolved but if it's not please let me know so I can arrange a technician for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you receive the engaged tone when you try to call your number and there is nothing at all connected to your master phone socket then this would certainly indicate a fault on your line and will require an engineer.

All you can do is what you have tried - Calling Customer Services or contact Virgin Media via their Live Chat service. Virgin Media staff do visit these public forums but can take up to a week to reply which is obviously too long for you to be without service.

Please let us know how you get on.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello PLOD11,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tested your line and I'm not finding any faults at the moment so this should be resolved but if it's not please let me know so I can arrange a technician for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PLOD11
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Checked it this morning and all now seems resolved, very strange, never had that happen before .....

Anyway all working now, thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
PLOD11
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It all appears to be working now as before,

Thanks

0 Kudos
stu14
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PLOD11 wrote:

I was using the phone with no problems all day, tried to phone someone and got an engaged tone. Tried to call them back and had no dial tone. Tried to call the house phone from mobile and all i get is the engaged tone. Run the virginmedia test = No fault found Smiley Sad

unplugged all phones, still engagded tone on line. Ttried everything. Tried to book engineer on line at 22:45, told to phone the number provided, shown as being available 0800 to Midnight. Called it at 2300 and told no one here now try again tomorow after 0800.

Arrrrrrrgh ...........

0 Kudos