Menu
markharbour
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mystery phone charges

amended virgin media phone charge.PNG

I am convinced this NATIONAL charge is for a web chat I had with a customer advisor- as this is the only way I have contacted Virgin Media.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have certainly NOT called Virgin- if this proves to be the case it cannot be right I am being charged for web chats can it?

Mark.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery phone charges

You cannot be charged for a web chat, and even if you were it wouldn't appear on your phone bill as a number it would be correctly labelled, and there would be a prompt telling you it was chargeable

Have you had an engineer attend? perhaps he called Virgin

0 Kudos
markharbour
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

an engineer attended but not on that date and he did not ring Virgin using my phone.

Also, this is Virgin's National number- chargeable if you are not a Virgin customer. I am a customer, so if I had rang them surely it would have been free?

I am concluding this call is a pure invention.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it would only be free if you called 150. If you called the 0345 it would be charged as a landline number. If you do not have calls included it would be chargable.

0 Kudos
markharbour
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK. I never rang the number at all.....no one did in my household.

I have the Talk Weekends package:

Talk Weekends

Inclusive unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile numbers, plus calls to 0870 numbersϪ.

Talk Weekends is our starting phone package and is exclusively available when you buy either a broadband or TV bundle from us.  Once you’re subscribed, you can upgrade to one of the packages listed below at any time

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As you have the time of the call ask for a transcript of the recording

0 Kudos