Menu
robwsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My phone line doesn't work

My phone line is dead. I've tried a plugging a couple of phones into the socket and neither work.

When you dial my number from a mobile, it rings once, crackles for a couple of seconds then goes dead.

Can you help please?

Thanks,

robwsh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone line doesn't work

Hi robwsh,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

Thanks for testing the handset for us! I'd like to arrange for a technician to sort this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can book you an appointment.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robwsh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Happy New Year.

The engineer arrived as arranged last Friday (30/12/16) and got the phone working although the line was very crackly. He investigated the cause and tracked it down to a fault in the access point further up the road. He said somebody would be back to look at this later this week.

Unfortunately, within an hour of the engineer leaving, the phone stopped working again and the line is now completely dead.

I'm not sure what the engineer did to get the phone working for a short time but could you arrange for him or another engineer to come back as soon as possible as life without the phone is proving difficult.

Many thanks and regards,

Rob Horton

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Rob

Sorry to hear about the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, I've located your account and would like to arrange for another engineer to visit to resolve the noisy line issues as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you and apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos