Menu
isladc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My mother has just had to tell your engineer to go away as you made false promises- She is a new customer

VM have let me down and now they have let my pensioner mother down. Thank you. I am sending this message on her behalf. 

I have been on the phone asking VM to bury the bright yellow cable in her garden as she was due to be connected today for broadband and telephone services. I spoke to a man called Jick who said that the cable would be buried. He phoned my mother to confirm this. The engineer just turned up and phoned me to ask where my mother's house was.  I told him three times and he angrily put the phone down on me. He then found her house and told her he was not going to bury the bright yellow cabling and she said he could not connect anything then as she cannot have cabling lying across her garden. This IS NOT what she signed up for.

I have had so many problems with your company over the past year and I wish to God I  had not told my mother to go with you. You were the best of many bad options available to her. So despite saying you were going to bury the cabling, it is lying in the garden of a house she will be selling in three months time. Thanks - This is how you treat new customers. She now has no phone line and no broadband and no promise to do anything more. But you will still expect payment from her every month for the sum total of zero!

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: My mother has just had to tell your engineer to go away as you made false promises- She is a new cust

Is her garden soil?  Or is it monoblock?

0 Kudos
isladc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: My mother has just had to tell your engineer to go away as you made false promises- She is a new cust

It is soil - and grass what difference does that make

0 Kudos
isladc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am on the phone to VM and they say it should be buried regardless of what it is.. She has a grass garden and they placed the yellow concertina cabling casing on top of her of flower beds!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The point is a spade wont go into brick monoblock, your clearly having a complete meltdown so i'll leave you to it...

0 Kudos
isladc
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've had a melt down as VM are proving once again to be terrible. I have had an engineer put the phone down on me, about four people make promises to my 72 year old mother and now your patronising response. Wow.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

cannot help with the cable apart from it should be buried but i will give you some advice for the future

you say the house will be sold in 3 months time - that will mean she will want to cancel the BB etc within her 12 or 18 month contract so be prepared for a cancellation charge of upto £240 - right or wrong thats how it works - its in the T & C's - so if thats a bigger issue than the cable you have 14 days to cancel

Tony
0 Kudos
isladc
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Why would she want to cancel her services - she will just take the services to her new property as I did. So tell me where her £240 cancellation fee comes into it! I was with VM - I recently moved I took the services with me.  But... the bigger point for me is that I wish i had told her to go elsewhere! After the 12 months are up - she can happily do so.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i assumed [ wrongly maybe?] she would want to leave - moving to a new property is fine assuming it is in a VM area - if not then it will cost her to cancel of up to £240 

Tony
0 Kudos
isladc
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To be honest she would want to go with another company given how bad VM have proved to be - but not at the expense of losing £240. She will happily wait out the year, then move elsewhere. She should not have expected any more given their online reviews are awful.

0 Kudos