Menu
Timjazzhair
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My line is dead

I have no dial tone on my line .. Please can you help?

many thanks,

Tim

Helpful Answers
zainisthebest
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My line is dead

Call Virgin Media, free from your mobile 0800 064 3839 - option 4 - then you'll know what to press. I hope you get through to Virgin Media and they can sort it out as soon as possible or get an engineer out to your home.

All Replies
Lorpin
Just joined
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue.  I called their 0345 number and they are sending out an engineer on Tuesday to fix.  It was all recorded messages but they confirm their is an issue with the line.  Good luck

Timjazzhair wrote:

I have no dial tone on my line .. Please can you help?

many thanks,

Tim

zainisthebest
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call Virgin Media, free from your mobile 0800 064 3839 - option 4 - then you'll know what to press. I hope you get through to Virgin Media and they can sort it out as soon as possible or get an engineer out to your home.
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tim, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your phone line at the moment, and I'd love to help you out. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault right now. 

So I'd now have to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, just to eliminate the phone from being at fault, alternatively you can always try your phone in another known working line. 

Once we've been able to confirm that the phone is not at fault, then the next step would be to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further. So I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Lorpin, 

I'd also like to welcome you to the forums, and say thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that your phone line is causing you problems and am glad to hear that you've been able to get a technician booked in for Tuesday. 

Please let us know how everything goes with this. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Anyting
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello. My line is exactly the same, totally dead, yet Virgin's online check said no fault on the line.

I have tested another phone with the original wire and the new one and it is still dead.

So now I've booked an appointment for an engineer.

I'm confused about why it would happen though. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
catspaw
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same problem. No dial tone, and engaged line if anyone rings us. No known service faults. I have checked our phones and they are OK.

We had this happen last year sometime and went through the whole rigmarole of having to book an engineer because Virgin were adamant there were no faults, only for them to cancel at the last minute and say "oh dear, there's a fault on the line".

Haven't been able to call home since at least this time yesterday.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Anyting, 

Firstly welcome to the forums, I'm glad to see you found your way here. I'm also really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, and I'd like to say that I'm glad to hear that you've been able to arrange a technician to call out. Please let me know how this goes.

Hi there catspaw, 

I'd also like to welcome you to the forums, and offer my apologies that your phone line wasn't working. I've taken a look at things and can see that since you made your post we became aware of a local fault. This was restored later on last night, so I hope that your phone line is all working for you now. 

Can you please let me know how things are there for you now. I'd like to explain a little more about the process of detecting a local fault with the phone lines. We do need a number of customers to call in with the same fault before our Networks team are able to pick up on this. Alarms are triggered when a certain amount of people on the same part of the network raise the same type of fault. So this is why on times you can call in and be told there are no known local issues, yet later on, once we've received more calls, we change the status of this. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

0 Kudos