Menu
Martin11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My landline has been down since? (last couple of days....).

Phone is 'dead' when you pick it up although the phone rings for incoming calls but when you pick the handset up there's nothing on the other end of the line. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My landline has been down since? (last couple of days....).

Hi Martin11

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line recently.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this for you, after running some tests on the line we're not detecting any issues from our end. Have you been able to test your handset by trying an alternate or yours on an alternate line at all?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martin11
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have tried it with a new phone with exactly the same result. No ring tone - either nothing or static. Incoming calls ring on the phone but when phone picked up no connection.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Martin11, 

Thank you for coming back to us on this matter and I'm sorry to hear that your line is still showing a fault. I've picked up this message as Craig has finished for the day. 

As you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault, then the next step would be to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further for you. I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving on this. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Martin11
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came promptly and fixed the problem without too much hassle, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin11,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear all is ok now for you.

Should you need us in the future, you know where to find us Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos