Menu
ChristianS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving the phone socket

My TiVO box is downstairs and have a box connecting it. My broadband is upstairs and have a box connecting that.

My telephone line is downstairs next to the TV cable. If I want to move the telephone line upstairs next to the broadband box, what do I need to do?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving the phone socket

You could pay VM £99 to set it up that way or maybe get someone local to to do it cheaper (extension socket fitting.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
ChristianS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What are the sockets labelled as "Tel" on the hub used for? I can't find a manual online using my phone that tells me. Can I plug my phone into one of those sockets? I have the latest hub (I joined a month ago).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ChristianS wrote:
What are the sockets labelled as "Tel" on the hub used for? I can't find a manual online using my phone that tells me. Can I plug my phone into one of those sockets? I have the latest hub (I joined a month ago).

You can, but it won't do anything, for the forseeable future anyway. It's there on the hub for when Virgin Media stop using traditional phone lines and switch to being 100% VOIP

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChristianS

Welcome to the community and thanks for dropping by with your phone socket relocation query.

It's great to have you with us on the forums Smiley Happy

@Shelke is spot on. If you require an internal socket relocate it is a one off charge of £99 and that then guarantees the work for life.

This means we can then provide free faults and service calls for you should the future need arise. You can arrange this either via phone if you call in on 150 or via 0345 454 1111. Alternatively you can also contact our Webchat teams who can book this in for you too. The charge would apply to your next bill not be debited there and then.

However, you do have two other options as Shelke touched on.

1. To connect an internal extension to the master socket yourself.
  2. To purchase a set of wireless phones if all you need upstairs is an actual phone and not the socket. Wireless phones only plug into one master socket and each additional phone just needs a plug for the electric to be available in the respective rooms they are placed in.

Hopefully one or all of the options above will be of use to you. Keep in touch if you need anything else.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"